Saturday, December 16, 2017

Genting dream cruise Day 3 and 4, Surabaya and Bali

Day 3 Surabaya


Approaching Surabaya. Nice view from the living room which is just above the captain's bridge.  




Interesting statue at the port. Monument of Jalesveva Jayamahe which is 30.6m tall supported on a 30m tall building. Locally referred to as Monjaya. Indonesian Navy officer wearing Ceremonial Service Dress, complete with his sword of honor, staring far to the sea as if he's ready to challenge the ocean's tide and storms.


First stop in Surabaya with our friend guide Hari. You can contact him if you are in Surabaya http://surabayaprivatecar.blogspot.sg/2017/02/suport-transport-ship-cruise-pasenger.html?m=1
House of Samoerna is a cigarette making factory cum museum. Wanted to go to Chinatown but Hari told us the street vendors are no longer there. 


Got to have coffee in the morning. Hari brought us to one which prepare freshly grind Aceh coffee. 


At Kassa Cafeteria. Love the Lontong so soft and the gado gado. Special pink soursop and Dawwt chendol





Cheng Ho Mosque




Submarine museum. Seemed longer than the one in Malacca but more cramped.


Shopped at Surabaya plaza.


Our guide, Hari, brought us to buy some local cakes. Found my favourite goreng pisang nearby. Got the shock when the vendor spread the sweeten milk and cheese. Ask for a separate one and gave that to Hari. Only $1 (10000 rupiah) per box!





Set complimentary dinner at Teppanyaki. Not really impressed as there are better ones in Singapore.







At the Genting club waiting for my cocktails. Black Russian which is volkha tasted better than Bramble which is mainly gin. Really appreciate the free premium drink package. But the cocktails pale against the RC's. And something else better than the other cruises... Free Wi-Fi! Really need that to keep in touch with my boys and also message hubby inside the ship. Could also update my Facebook as well!



Great performance by Rhythm divine Latin ballroom and vocal by Kyle and Rachel. I think I still prefer this though the China got talent show is refreshing. Love the Broadway style performance in RC most.











  


Great vocal of the Duo performance, Fenooz and Hazel, at the lobby. Fenooz sang Chinese songs whereas Hazel English songs. Enjoyed more cocktails- Penicillin (whisky) and Mary Pickford (volkha) complimentary in the drink package while enjoying their music.


 

Supper from lobby cafe. Pandan Kaya toast set, goreng bee hoon and nasi lemak. 



 Day 4 Bali
Bali is such a beautiful island. No wonder so many people are attracted to Bali. My tour guide Putu Tuarta Aryakenceng would like to welcome all to Bali. Look for him if you are in Bali Whatsapp +6281805395889. Our Butler brought us to level 4 to board the tender boat. Initially they wanted to pack the tender boat with 150, but then they decided to go ahead with only 2 of us on the tender boat! First to arrive at the port. Such warm welcoming









Beautiful view of the rice field terrace.



 





At Kubu Kopi. The in house guide is so good in explaining the plants grown in the plantation as well as letting us try the various tea and coffee. Love the Kopi Luwat and the dadar. However for the pisang, prefer Surabaya as it was more crispy on the outside and richer inside.




Sampling of the different tea and coffee.
Kopi Luwat is actually from this civet poo. The fermentation inside it's stomach made the coffee more fragrant.
The famous Kopi Luwat...猫屎咖啡.




Visited the Banjar hotspring. Would love to have a longer stay in Bali and enjoy soaking in hotspring.


 




Went to the beautiful Buddhist temple Brahma Vihara Arama  also known as Borobudur Miniature. Beautiful pictures of us taken by our guide Putu 




Local Babi guling lunch. Love it

At Lovina Beach. Simply too hot. Going back to port. One and half hr ride from lovina beach back to the port.


Our ship viewed from the tender boat.




Have not climbed so much for a long time. Getting a foot massage in our ship as our legs are aching. Age catching up




Our butler sent us our anniversary cake and drinks. Told them it's our 25th ROM anniversary and 24th wedding anniversary but I supposed they are confused and wrote 25th wedding anniversary. Quite a big one and we definitely cannot finish.
 


Love my dinner at Silk road restaurant so much we made reservation here again the next day for lunch. Good service and food










My Latte Macchiato and hubby's Cafe Latte at the lobby cafe. The curry puff is nice


Performance by Fenooz and Hazel at the lobby again. Ordered the cocktails from the bar as its complimentary. Caipirinha which contains the Brazilian Sagatiba and Daiquiri with Barcadi. Caipirinha taste better



Bought the photos taken at Bali port today $24 with the photo sleeve, $18 without.


The voyage of a lover's dream . mainly acrobatics and dance. Don't see the love story at all... But fantastic acrobatic performance. The costumes were amazing too.














Love the curry chicken from lobby cafe... Not so for mee rebus. Family games now so quite crowded in the lobby.


Ordered two cocktails back to our room - Gimlet (dry gim) taste better than mojito (Barcadi and soda)..




Posts onboard Genting Dream Cruise 10 to 15 Dec 2017:

Day 1 and 2



Day 3 Surabaya and Day 4 Bali




Day 5 and 6






More photos on facebook:

Day 1 



Day 2

Day 3 Surabaya

Day 4 Bali



Day 5



Day 6

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you have the shore excursion price list that's provided by cruise itself?

Anonymous said...

It's awesome to pay a quick visit this web page and reading the
views of all colleagues concerning this post, while I am also eager of getting knowledge.

Anonymous said...

After going over a handful of the blog posts on your blog, I seriously appreciate
your technique of writing a blog. I book-marked
it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future.
Please visit my website as well and tell me how you feel.

Daniel said...

Thanks for sharing. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I have learn some excellent stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how much effort you place to make such a great informative website.

Anonymous said...

Hello there I am so glad I found your website, I really found you by error, while I was researching on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now
and would just like to say cheers for a remarkable post and a all round entertaining blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read
it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and
also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a
great deal more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

Anonymous said...

I need to to thank you for this wonderful read!!
I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have got you book marked to check out new stuff you
post…

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is a great website. I stumbledupon it
;) I am going to revisit once again since i have saved as a favorite it.

Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect webpage for everyone who wants to
understand this topic. You understand so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really
will need to?HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic that's been discussed for years.
Excellent stuff, just excellent!

Miles & Smiles Holidays said...

Great post.Pics are so very beautiful.thanks for sharing the post. book best singapore tour package with cruise

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.

I am quite sure I'll learn plenty of new stuff right here!
Good luck for the next!

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this website is in fact working hard in support of his
web site, for the reason that here every data is quality based material.

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I could have sworn I?ve been to this site
before but after going through many of the articles I
realized it?s new to me. Anyways, I?m certainly delighted I discovered it and I?ll be bookmarking it and checking back regularly!

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a bundle to realize about this.
I consider you made certain nice points in features also.

Anonymous said...

Sweet site, super pattern, very clean and utilise pleasant.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed!
Extremely helpful info particularly the remaining part
:) I handle such info a lot. I used to be seeking this
certain info for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout
on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare
to see a great blog like this one nowadays.