Saturday, December 16, 2006

Batam 14th and 15th Dec 2006

Went to Batam for a 2D1N trip and the tour guide brought us to the temples in Batam before checking into the hotel.











Stayed at the Panaroma Hotel. The service was good and the rooms were pretty comfortable. If you do go to Batam, I will recommend Panaroma Hotel if you do not need a good swimming pool. The pool was small and deserted and looked quite dirty. 



I heard the one at Planet Holiday is much bigger and maybe I will try that in my next trip to Batam. Never order the room service - the food isn't nice and is at least 4 times more expensive. It is much more worth trying the food outside the hotel. We went to this stall near the hotel. I love the Goreng Pisang (banana) and Tahu Goreng with Ayam(chicken stuffing inside beancurd and then deep fried) - It only cost RP75,000 ($1.30) for a box for the Goreng Pisang and RP120,000 for the box of Tahu Goreng Ayam (around 5 pieces) - I thought the price was for one piece and was shocked that they gave me 2 boxes! The stall is near to the Hotel with a big banner Goreng Pisang Crispy. I will really miss that! There is another food stall next to it and we ordered the mee goreng which was simply delicious and remarkably cheap at RP6,000 ($1)! I ordered the mee goreng in the hotel and it cost me RP40,000 ($7)! - the same for the fruit juice ($7)!

We were quite disappointed with Megamall - though it is big - it offers almost the same products as Singapore. We took a cab to Holiday Plaza instead.

I bought alot of shirts and pants for my sons - 10 sets and one for myself and a pair of pants (POLO) for my husband. They also had fun in the rides and games in the mall. If you want to buy cheapstuff and DVD - go to Lucky Plaza and Centrepoint. My son took their meals at the MacDonald at Centrepoint and we went to the restaurant on the second floor. I can't remember the name of the restaurant but they served good Nasi Goreng (Fried rice) and Nasi Kuning (yellow rice). The otah is nice but a bit hard - the Otahs are served on every table and the restaurant will charge you only if you eat them.

My next trip - 4D3N stay in Sijori Sentosa - will update when I am back.

No comments: