Sunday, August 20, 2006

Butterflies in my stomach

Getting a bit tensed over the fact that I will be back in school on Tuesday. I have yet to see my new timetable and where I can have my lessons. I was just told that I might not be able to use the humanities room and the school is looking for another room for me. I felt so bad having to impose on so many people.

Though I look forward to going back to school, I am having butterflies in my stomach - will I be able to cope with the hectic life and the students after being away for so long (four months)? Plus I will be having a new class 2E6. I must say I had slacken a lot - I have yet to set the prelim papers which I planned to. I was going out almost everyday so that I can get used to the walking. My sole is pretty sore and the joints hurt. I will give myself a break tomorrow since I am going back on Tuesday. I think the femur fracture will take at least 6 months to heal - I am not that young anymore and I think it might take longer. I have scheduled my next X-ray during the Sept holiday so that I won't miss out any lessons with my students. I hope the X-ray will show good results.

Maybe I shall go back tomorrow to arrange my table? I missed my students - I met some of them and I must say I am pretty touched when they called me or tell me that they missed me. However I am also worried when some of them could not even tell me which topics they have covered during my absence. Quite a lot of repair work to be done!

No comments: