Sunday, February 17, 2008

National Footdrill competition 16 Feb 2008

Our team participated in the Red Cross fancy drill competition held in Bendemeer Sec today.

Our cadets did well in the formation - stretching it across the whole parade square.

However there were a few areas for improvements:

1. Better coordination of movements.

2. Need to synchronise their marching tempo with the music.

Their music was also similar to another team ("drive me crazy" by Britney Spears) and I think it affected them as well. How I wished they would have used the 'whistle song" (trance with upbeat tempo) which I had selected for them - I should have insisted as the music definitely makes a difference to the overall impact.
Click here for more photos.

Well - we will try harder next year! I must still applaud our cadets for their efforts in preparing for the competition.

No comments: