Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Updates...

My back is still hurting - I went to the Chinese Sinseh for "Tu Na" and was also given very bitter medicine which took me 2.5 hours to prepare and brew! I will be going back for accupunture as I don't think the western medicine worked for me. My husband said I should not have gone to Kukup and strained my back again.. well I could not have disappointed the kids right? However, I had to cancel my extra class with my new students from China as it is really hurting.

I was even more stressed when one of the Red Cross cadets called to say he could not make it for the "Every Second counts" competition this morning. I then realised that he did not want to go because the other boy could not be contacted.I had to make so many calls to see whether I could get replacement and was so disappointed at the boy who had betrayed our trust by the sudden disappearance. However, I am quite glad that the team leader, Hui si, managed to get the team to do well enough to get 4th placing and qualify for the finals which will be held on 17th Oct in Ngee Ann Polytechnic. I had to monitor the 2 teams through SMS and realised that I sent over 40 Sms today! I just hope that the group will perform much better in the finals - their seniors won the 2nd placing in the same competition 2 years ago.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank those who had sent me sms and emails to wish me a happy teacher's day...

No comments: