Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Launch of Norton 2010

I went to the launch at the Singapore Flyer today with my hubby to collect my prize which I won in the Norton T-shirt design competition - a HP mini 5101 and a t-shirt with my design. The buffet was good - I like the peking duck wrapped in egg crepe. It was quite a spread with salmon in baked pastry, cereal prawns, chicken, fried rice, scallops, assortment of ham, bacon, fruits, salad as well as eight treasure soup! I must say I was also amazed that the door gifts included a dry fit t-shirt and a wireless mouse other than the Norton Internet Security 2010 software (1 year edition). I never knew that a product launch can be so grand.




My design - the one in the middle with a web - Net it - Maximum Protection. http://www.nortonopscenter.com/alliance/ugcwinners.php

Even more pleasantly surprised was that I met Zhi Lin (former HS Red Cross cadet) who was there to collect an ipod - something she won in a lucky draw downloading Norton beta. I also met another former teacher from Hougang Sec, Claudia, over there. What a small world!

I had never played table games with my hubby before - it was such a joy! The first game was to spot the differences in 2 photos; the second was to unscramble some words assorted with internet security - the most difficult being underground economy! The third game was the most exciting as we had to construct something which can "catch" an egg without breaking it as it falls from a height of 2 metres!

My team's design for the table game below with the team from Norton testing whether it could hold the fall of the egg from 2 metres height!
Another guest's blog on the event http://techielobang.com/blog/2009/10/07/norton-2010-launch-event-coverage-at-singapore-flyer-video-within/

The first team to withstand the egg drop challenge!


No comments: