Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hougang Health Day








Our Red Cross cadets helped out as volunteers in the Health Screening for the community @ Hougang Blk 306 17 June (Sun)
Shift 1 - 8 a.m. to 12 noon - Yu Ping, Hui Si, Jia Yun, Reine, Cai Ying, Sihui, Jasmine, XingXuan, Siti, Wei Woon
Shift 2 – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Xiao Li, Marcus, Yang Yew, Xin Jie, Vivian, Jia Wei, Elysia, Qiao Ni, Jia Ying, Ian, Agnes, Jian Hui, Ryan
They helped out in the various stations - registeration, BMI, glucose, bloodpressure and eyecheck. After meeting them at the bus interchange and settling them - I left at 9.30 a.m. as I experienced a sudden sharp pain in my back and had to rush home. Mrs Lai came at 11 a.m. and took over the 2nd shift. I must say I panicked a bit when I feel the pain as I had slipped disc before and I was afraid of having a relapse. My sister's disc slipped by 70% and she had to undergo an operation 2 days ago, fixing in 6 screws - in fact she is still in the SGH now. I must make sure I have a good rest next week so that I can recuperate!

No comments: