Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Competitions

Our team got into the top 10 finalists for the Learn@onedegreenorth competition- a tough fight against 30+ school in the 2nd round. Quite an achievement as I think there were 100+ schools in Round 1. I will meet them this Saturday to prepare them for their presentation at MOE on 21 July. You can view the results here: http://learnat.info/onedegreenorth I hope they can get into the top 3 - otherwise they will get the merit award like the other team learn@singaporerivertrail which I facilitated in 2005.

I am also preparing another team for the Red Cross Current affairs this Sat. Our team did well last year and secured the champion in the North Zone and made it to the Top 8 National finalist. The topic is tougher this year - Red Cross and the Environment. Moreover if they get into the 2nd round, they were have to answer some questions as a team on Environment and Healthcare.

As our student's work is also shortlisted in the drama of History - I am helping them in the powerpoint slides and music for the background. The group will be presenting to the school next Monday which is the start of our Humanities week. I will be working with Mr Thomas Tan on a short essay competition "Battle it out" on the topic " What does the Singapore spirit mean to you? We will encourage the students to write about it and the deadline is 19 July.

Our team for the HS Staff innowits project "HSnBeyond" is also shortlisted for the finals next Tuesday. Basically we are providing a website which the graduating class can look for guidance in their post-secondary choices. Many are using the links on the website to access the direct admission to the Polytechnic now.

It will be madness next week - Humanities Week, the HS Staff innowits competition, preparation for the learn@ and the Red Cross current affairs competition. I will also be busy vetting all the Geog and Econ papers for the CA next week.

I will be conducting a RCK lesson and a test for the Sec 2 Red Cross cadet this Sat. After that I will go for physiotheraphy (tu na) for my back and foot... long list awaiting me.....

No comments: