Monday, July 14, 2008

Education

"Perhaps, if we are able to put away the notion of a paper certificate being the means to all ends, we will be able to appreciate and treasure formal education for what it should be: The symbolic start of a lifelong learning journey, with lessons from everywhere, and anybody in one's life."
By Goh Wen Zhong in Straits Times

Indeed preparing the students to achieve in their O level is my greatest aim. However, knowing that they have learnt something useful for their life and that they will continue to learn in life is my greatest achievement. I suppose that's why I also take joy in enrolling students in competitions and guiding them to achieve. I think that through competitions, they learnt additional skills and definitely gain more confidence and add to their portfolio which will benefit them in life.

"Grades only open doors, it takes much more to walk through them and survive the path you choose."

No comments: