Saturday, March 13, 2010

Johor Bahru 13 Mar 2010 Crystal Crown

Went to JB again to buy some of my medicine and more makan... I checked into Crystal Crown hotel at first and had to purchase the wireless service at RM30 per day. When I got up to the room on the 11th floor, there was no connection and I went down to the reception to get it connected. However, when I went back to the 11th floor it got disconnected again! I got so fed up with the wireless internet connection that I checked out almost immediately. Took a cab to Selesa Hotel which is near to New York Hotel. Again over here I have to purchase the wireless service at RM21 but at least it worked! We went to a small restaurant near Pelangi Plaza and wanted to try the famous "guo tiao" but was told that it was already closed at 12.30 pm so we tried the laksa, fried bee hoon and the pork ribs instead. Over there I saw a "mai kai" that was cooked in a bun!
After our lunch we took a cab down to Trebau City Jusco. I bought a pair of shoes and a bag while hubby bought a pair of jeans and a earphone. We then we took a cab back to the Pelangi Mall and then proceeded to the resturant Chez Papa which we had made a booking. I missed the foie gras and escargot. This time round we ordered the foie gras and escargot again for starters. For the main course, hubby took the ribeye and I took the stuffed quail. The ribeye was a bit tough though. We returned to our hotel and went out for supper at night. To our delight, we found the luk luk van down the street. We ate a total of 13 sticks of assorted food such as small crabs, prawns, quail eggs, mushrooms, bak kuai etc.. You can have it cooked in hot water, fried or grilled and then dip in the satay sauce, chilli sauce, thai chilli sauce or sweet sauce. Love the deep fried small crabs which was sprinkled with salt and pepper. Each stick cost RM1.60.

No comments: