Thursday, November 09, 2023

JB Nov 2023

Day 1

Our first visit to JB this year. Since I have applied for 2 days leave, hubby said we should do a short trip to JB. Checked in Holiday Villa. Traffic was smooth today. From home to hotel 1hr 20 min.




Hubby had the dry Hakka mee and I took the kway teow soup. The fishball are handmade. For the Kaya butter toast I still prefer Sing Li restoran next to KSL but it is closed on Thursdays. The coffee is nice as it's less sweet with strong coffee fragrance.





Went to city sqare mall to do a bit of shopping and get the hairy crab from dragon-i. The hairy crabs will be delivered only on Thursday night. Decided to go to the one at mid valley tomorrow. Ordered another of my favourite Peking duck.
The fragrance of the oil that oozes out of the duck is so good. No wonder their Peking duck is one of the best in JB.  Decided to pack back to hotel as it is so much for one duck. Very big sized!







One of the reasons why I booked the hotel for my past few trips was the infinity pool. However it is a bit fog like in the distance today and the water is cold.

Not a pleasant first day as all the phones are down from the 20th floor up. Wanted to call to ask for the bath robes (also first time not there) and extra pillows. Already changed to our swimming costume and I had to go down twice before they can tell me that it is not that my phone is faulty but their line is down. And also for the first time they said only one extra pillow to my dismay.

Resolved that by buying a bolster from Lotus in KSL RM39.90. Needed something to prop up my legs cos of my slipped discs issue.

Phone issue also resolved when we tested it around 9pm.





Went for a body massage at JTC nearby. Was introduced to this shop by my colleagues and have been engaging their service whenever we are in JB. Very friendly boss and good massage by lady masseur.

Our number one place for foie gras in JB. Their warm bread with butter, French onion soup, mushroom soup and escargots are equally good. My cocktail Fuzzy Navel is so good.. now looking forward to the cruise for more. Hubby had long island tea which he missed.











Day 2

Breakfast at the hotel. Quite a spread and the roti canai is good. Porridge is comfort food. Like the purple sweet potato too Soy milk a delightful addition though would prefer it to be thicker just like the coffee. Did not eat the rest as I am feeling full.








Colored my hair and Shannon helped me curled my hair. @covvo hair salon in KSL.


Had a wonderful hairy crab set with added hairy crabs. Hubby loves the sweet roe . I have always love their prawn fried rice and dumpling. The vegetables are nice too with broccoli, black fungus and huai shan.  I like their ginger tea too. Satisfied customers.










RM 228 per set added 2 hairy crabs RM168

Missed Ho sheng Kee so ordered via grab to the hotel. Still as good except the soup is now more salty. Can consider reducing salt level in soup. Satisfied my cravings.


Took a car to Pasar Karat and was shocked how crowded it was. Realised this is so as there are additional tentage selling goodies for the Deepavali. My goodness spent over an hour just waiting for a car back to the hotel. 













Ate durian in the stall opposite KSL. I think after the good durians at Bao sheng in Penang, none is as appealing



Bought lok lok from the trucks parked outside KSL main entrance. Love the century quail eggs, quail eggs, min crabs, oyster mushroom, abalone mushrooms, prawns, Taiwan sausage and pork. Bak Kwa was so awesome!





Lovely night view of JB



Day 3

Breakfast Very crowded today. Roti jala with chicken curry is good so I took a second serving. Lontong is average. There is noodle with masala chicken today which I did not take as I am still full. Hubby did not join me for breakfast as he is too full




We had been lured to try this by the waft of aroma from the char kway teow when we were at the massage shop on day 1. Finally got to try it and it is superb. RM 8 for large size. Got wok hei! Peanut bun was special but love the meat bun which is so yummy! The coffee is good too. RM2.40. At Couple restaurant.




There is a sauna room in the changing room at the pool area with a nice view. Love the infinity pool. Will be back. Love that they wash daily from 12 to 2pm.










Pampered ourselves with a 2 hr aromatherapy massage at Thai Odyssey. Love the scent from the Balance essence oil. Complete relaxation.







Had been missing this crab and minced meat porridge. Absolutely delicious!
Love the deep fried crayfish, steamed otah, garlic kangkong and passion fruit drink too. Highly recommend the deep fried crayfish.
Grateful for the wonderful food







The Mao shan Wang at KSL entrance taste better and seeds are really smaller.



One thing I have no self control in is food. Saw this and could not resist. My favourite goreng Pisang.


There were many fireworks as it was Deepavali and I managed to capture one.


Nice view of the town from our hotel room.



Day 4

Super crowded today. Just ate the very nice jala and a sunny side up.. Today's curry a bit more spicy. Other than the chicken curry, there is vegetable curry (brinjal and long bean). Both equally good.



At Yit Foh Noodle. Though I like Ho Seng Kee, Yit Foh wanton is still more superior. So thin that it dissolved in your mouth. 




Fried the yam cake I ordered via grab from ah mah teochew kuih in JB. Still as delicious ever. Scrap off the preserved radish (cai poh) and air fried it as the oil will splash if I pan fry with the yam cake. Sprinkle the fried shallots, the preserved radish and spring onion provided after I deep fried the yam cake. Yummy.











No comments: