Saturday, September 16, 2006

MOTOCOLOURS Contest winner

I had just received an email notifying me that I am a winner of the MOTOcolours contest. I was trying to encourage my students to participate in the contest which was announced in campusmoblog but I didn't get any response. At the end, I decided I should submit an entry myself. I created a simple one using window movie maker and edited the images with Macromedia firework. It took me around 2 hours. I am surprised that the entry won. My only regret is that the students did not participate in it - I am sure that many can do a better one.

I will be quite busy with my markings - I have to mark more than 40 essays a day - I have 320 essays to mark for the Prelim! I have finished marking the test for Sec 2 and Sec 3. I am quite disappointed with the tests as I can see that many of them did not put in any effort at all. Some of the Sec 3 did not even turn up for the test. Qi Qi and Yihui came in only after my test - can you believe it? Christina, Michelle, Chunfa, Ivan and Zongren were hiding in the classroom - they did not even come to the humanities room to take the test. I just hope that the Sec 4 will perform better.

We had the promotion ceremony for the Red Cross Cadets today. I am so happy to see that the Sec 2 and 3s have achieved so much and had grown to be better leaders. The Sec 1 has also done us proud - all of them were promoted and had received 3 badges or more. You can view the photos here: http://geocities.com/hsredcrosspro06/ Don't be shocked to see that my uniform is a little bluish - I didn't realise it until Jannah pointed that out - the colour must have run as I washed it in the washing machine (we had photo-taking on Wed). I was quite embarassed but I think if I bleach it - it will be white again!


No comments: