Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Story Portal Competition

Sharing a piece of good news - I won the 2nd prize in the above competition - ha ha - didn't expect it as I actually cut and paste my story from my old blog. You might want to visit the website - a gallery of entries reflecting the oldest in Singapore and fond memories of the past in Singapore.

http://mystory.heritagefest.org.sg/index.php?title=My_Kampong_Days

Of course I am also still waiting for my prize from the Microsoft Academic Skill Callenge for MOE Staff (Champion for Microsoft Powerpoint) - they keep postponing the award ceremony- quite irritating as I have to be on standby next week as they can't confirm the actual date! Anyone wants to join me for next year - I will be participating in the Microsoft Word Category.

My students were also so disappointed when I told them the cheques for the 2 competitions, the new media challenge 2007 and the word power challenge 2007 (which are all from Singtel - $2000 and $1000) will come in only end of Oct or Nov - which means I can only give them in late Nov or Dec!

There is actually another competition - amazing race style with filming of . historical places in Singapore next Saturday. The problem is I have already booked archery for my Red Cross on the same day and I cannot participate. You can refer to the poster outside the computer lab for details. Anyone interested? The prizes, according to the poster, are very attractive.

No comments: