Saturday, June 13, 2009

Greetings from Batam

I need to go for a break - so here I am in Batam!
Went to Nagoya hill for lunch and grabbed some titbits. Managed to buy 3 pairs of shoes and a sandal from Matahari - all for less than S$60! Checked into Planet Hotel and then went to Sports Massage Centre for a 3hr body and foot massage which cost me IRP 420000 (around $62 for 2). I have already booked a spa session for 2 on Mon at Winspa's which is going to cost me almost double IRP800000 (S$113). After the massage, we went to this roadside stall and had nasi goreng, ikan bakar, kangkong belachan and goreng ayam with 3 drinks for only IRP80000 (around $12)! We were hungry again back in the hotel and ordered room service, hokkien mee and seafood basket. Not too bad but I still prefered the street hawker's. Photos below: view from the balcony of my hotel room, my hotel room and the roadside stall we had our dinner.

No comments: