Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hero

I read this on Hui Juain's blog and I would like to share with all of you:

There's a flower in the smallest garden
Reaching for the light
There's a candle in the darkest corner
Conquering the night
There is amazing strength in a willing hand
There are victories
That you've never planned
There's a hero
In everybody's heart

By a child named Billy Gilman.

Wouldn't you agree that it is quite inspiring? Simple and yet heartening. To believe that in every child, the willingness and strength to live - yes to live! How many of us are really living our life?

Being a teacher for many years, I must say I have taught thousands. How many of them are really trying and willing to reach out for the light? How many of them sincerely believed in themselves? I am just a passer-by for many and yet I knew I have also made an impact in some. I feel proud for those who had grown and realized what they want in life. At the same time, I feel sad for those who had not realized how miserable they had made for the lifes of their beloved as well as themselves. I hope that one day time will come for them to realize that a hero is a glow from the inner self.

No comments: