Thursday, November 22, 2007

PSLE Results

Chris received his PSLE results today - 3As and a E for Chinese with an aggregate score of 191. He was quite happy with his results (3As) though I was hopping for a better results for his Chinese (a miracle?). Most probably I will have to enroll him in SSS as his agg. score is so low. I just hope that he would not be disadvantaged by his poor Chinese grade in his new school. I must say I am thankful that CL need not be included in the O level L1R5 calculation and I think he will definitely do much better then. Looking back at my own PSLE score - 4 As and 384(of course that was in 1979) seemed so impressive. I was posted to a SAP school and I did Chinese as my first language. I am just wondering how to encourage Chris to be more positive towards the learning of the Chinese language? Most of the time he would be with his grandma who do not speak Mandarin - maybe that's why.

I will be down with the combined NCO camp tomorrow till Sunday. Followed by a farewell lunch for Patty on 26th Nov. The next activity will be our home visit to Toa Payoh SCHCC on 3 Dec. Hopefully I will get to spend time with my family then - a short vacation to Malaysia or Batam.

No comments: